Introduction to Blog

A2 Media Advanced Portfolio: The Brief

A new year, a new set of tasks. Brief A promotional package for the release of an album, to include the following: ·          ...

Sunday 25 March 2018

The Key to a Professional Look

I have realised that the key to a professional looking marketing piece requires official information! This includes things such as copyright information, ownership rights, official website references, and so on. For most businesses this is fairly simple:
In the images above I have highlighted where the business info is, or where the production/marketing/distribution company logos have been stuck (always at the bottom of the poster).

However, my problem is I have no business to be marketing! I don't have a logo!! I am also not familiar with the legal terms used when it comes to copyright information, so I have no choice but to mirror official products'.

Above is the back of The Cure's album 'Disintegration'. Their copyright information goes as the following: 
©2010 Polydor LTD 
The copyright in this sound recording is owned by Fiction Records LTD and licensed exclusively to Polydor LTD. A Universal Music Company.
All rights of the owner of the works produced reserved.
Unauthorised copying, reproduction, hiring, lending, public performance, and broadcasting prohibited. Made in the EU.

The song 'Boys Don't Cry' was first released on an album released by Fiction Records so I don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning them in my copyright information like in the example above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts