Introduction to Blog

A2 Media Advanced Portfolio: The Brief

A new year, a new set of tasks. Brief A promotional package for the release of an album, to include the following: ·          ...

Thursday 1 March 2018

Photoshop and Tracing

As I began brainstorming for my music video, the video to A-ha's Take On Me sprung to mind. The video uses a comic strip which is then animated to tell a narrative. This was and still is a very well-known song and music video making it a significant motion-picture of the 80s. This is a video that reminds me of the short Christmas film 'The Snowman', 1982, also a very well known video from the 80s. 

As a project, I decided to give the animation idea a go. Below is a picture of Jordan taken in a nightclub. This photo has good lighting with contrasting highlights and shadows so I thought it would be perfect to use as a template. 

Although it wasn't necessary, I have uploaded an image below showing the process I used on Adobe Photoshop. As you can see I created sections and filled them in black on places of darkness on Jordan's face. I didn't want to make the design too complex in a way you wouldn't a logo, so I kept it tidy. 


Once I was happy enough with the outline, I carved the eyes out and the final image was then made!

And here we have it, an action man in the makings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts