Introduction to Blog

A2 Media Advanced Portfolio: The Brief

A new year, a new set of tasks. Brief A promotional package for the release of an album, to include the following: ·          ...

Wednesday 1 November 2017

The Cure's Licensing Rights



The Cure's album 'Three Imaginary Boys' was released with Fiction Records in 1979. Fiction Records was founded in 1978 and is well known for owning The Cure for over 20 years, but Fiction Records is now owned by Universal Music Publishing as of the year 2000. The Cure then signed with Geffen Records in 2003, after leaving Fiction in 2001.

I couldn't find an email for the company, so I had no choice but to ring! Below is a recording of the phone call.
(Please ignore the photo, it's very old and I don't really use soundcloud)
I have received an email from Ellie who I spoke to on the phone:
 and my form is all filled out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts