Introduction to Blog

A2 Media Advanced Portfolio: The Brief

A new year, a new set of tasks. Brief A promotional package for the release of an album, to include the following: ·          ...

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Updates: 3 Shoots

18th-20th - I have now filmed 3 shoots, covering about 11/19 scenes.

I was originally supposed to be filming the band today (21st), but they changed their practice day this week to 22nd, and I unfortunately I'm unable to attend this week, so it's changed to next Wednesday the 29th. I'm pretty thankful for this because the past 3 days have been incredibly stressful and I'm in desperate need of a day off.

Below are three images, one for each shoot just showing the general feel of my music video.

Shoot 1: I feel very confident about this shoot, the lighting was really nice and natural as it was during the morning. I still had my lighting equipment up for the indoor shots to even the lighting, but it was barely needed.

Shoot 2: I found this the most stressful one to film because I was trying to organise a group of 7 people (only 4 in the filming). I'm unhappy with the lighting in these shots and it's too dark, so I am considering re-filming. 



Shoot 3: This one was fun to do, bringing all my props to the house and trying filming with the dolly. The lighting was much better in these too - I can confirm filming during the day is much easier than at night. 
For the indoor shots I found it difficult to make anything look natural - the set up looking very 'set up', and the lighting was quite difficult to even out through the shots. 

I still haven't looked through these properly because I'm too scared! But, as Scorsese says, "if you don't get physically ill seeing your first rough cut, something's wrong."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts